Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Antlers - Burst Apart

Listen. Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE working all day at a nursing home with older adults who are about to kick it somewhat medically fragile and who have lost any shame they once had about bodily fluids and/or inappropriate language and/or sexual ineptitudes, just waiting for one of them to code during my treatment session and then coming home and listening to heartbreaking metaphorical tunes about hospice patients as much as the next girl. Really, I do. Why else would I continue to listen to this album on the regular for so long?

Having said that, thank GOD The Antlers just released Burst Apart. I’ve been [somewhat] patiently waiting. Again, do not misunderstand. This album is certainly not all mimosas and love on park benches (because, let’s face it, I would probably hate it if it was) but it’s something new and fresh from a really great band. And it let’s me leave [some of the] the heartbreak at my day job.



No comments:

Post a Comment