Monday, May 2, 2011

Lost in the Trees


Last year, after a series of unfortunate events involving a very handsome drummer and a very small town (I think it’s best if I leave it at that), I swore off supporting blogs and public internet communications of all varieties. So when James came to me and suggested we join forces to start a music blog to share feelings and opinions and new music finds with the masses, I was not thrilled about the idea. But, alas, he and his sneaky lawyer ways had me convinced pretty easily.

After this blogging hiatus, I had high hopes for the first of my contributions. I wanted to set some high standards for what was to come. Maybe I’d go with some sort of theme each week or try to see a live show every week and write about it. Maybe I would pick the best new album released each week and research the band. Or maybe, just maybe, I would take too many cheap tequila shots in premature celebration of Cinco de Mayo and be too hungover to even think about anything except finding the perfect grilled cheese sandwich, a feat that would span hours and miles across the greater San Diego area and render my evening completely useless.

So here it is. My first post. Slightly less ambitious than I had hoped and far more anticlimactic. No theme, no review of a live show, no wit or charm by any stretch of the imagination. Just a video of a band that I truly love and that I truly believe you will love too.

Lost in the Trees.

Luckily, in my opinion, there is not much that needs to be said about this band. The music simply feels good the way it moves around inside of you. As if the tiny, inconsequential moments of your life could feel as epic. And, if you should be so lucky to be within a day’s drive of their live show, it will be worth every penny you spend on the gas. Unlike my grilled cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment